Monday, October 10, 2011

Weekend Recap

My weekend got an early start. On Thursday Adam and I went to the G. Love concert and had a really good time...we also scored a great view for the last half of the show. If you don't know who G. Love is I suggest you check him out...he's a really unique artist with a great sound.  I really enjoy his music, but Adam is a huge fan...i'm so glad we were able to make the show.




Friday we had dinner at the "Food Truck Round Up"....all of our local food trucks gathered on Main Street and since we hadn't had a chance to try any of them yet we decided to give it a try.  We both ended up trying the Lil' Cheezers truck...a gourmet grilled cheese truck.  I had the "fancy pants" sandwich..it was made with brie, granny smith apples, caramelized onions and walnuts...it was delish!  Not eating meat really limited me to what I could try, but all of the trucks had amazing menu's and I look forward to giving them all a try at some point.  


Saturday I got to play disc golf for the first time.  It was sooo much fun!  I definitely wasn't the best, but i'm looking forward to getting better!  If you've never played I highly suggest it. Adam and I ended up watching several "how to" videos on throwing techniques later that night haha.
We found this guy on the disc golf course


We met some friends Sunday morning and played another short game (we only did 9 "holes" instead of 18) then went to a local Chili Cook-off for the rest of the day.  The weather was absolutely perfect...fall is my favorite season, but it seems like the fall weather I enjoy only lasts a short period of time before it starts getting really cold.
Certainly nothing wild and crazy for us this weekend, but sometimes there is nothing better then just spending quality time with the ones you love.


In other news, I got to experience my first press conference at my internship today!  It was actually really cool getting to set everything up and meet everyone...I really feel like this is the sort of thing I want to do when I grow up.  The press conference was for a local bank that renewed its sponsorship for the Derby Festival Pegasus Parade and we had a "mini parade" in the parking lot haha...it was a little corny, but overall a good experience.  
One of the floats from the mini-parade




I hope everyone else had a great weekend and a not-so-manic Monday!





1 comment:

  1. Yay for enjoying your first press conference! I was thinking about you guys on Sunday...I was bummed about missing the chili cook-off!

    ReplyDelete